Lets look at the Syllabus of Computer Operator and filter only the fundamentals of computers. Other parts of the syllabus are mentioned in their respected topics.
- Definition, History, Generation, Characteristics, Types & Applications.
- Overview of a computer system:
- Definition of Hardware
- Input Unit: Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner etc
- CPU: Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU), Control Unit (CU), Memory Unit (MU)
- Output Unit: Monitor, Printer etc
- Storage Devices: Primary & Auxulary Memory (Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, Compact Disk, DVD, Flash Disk etc)
- Others: Network Card, Modem, Sound Card etc.
- Definition & types of Software
- Programming Language
- Firmware and Cache Memory
Setting & Protection of Computer Room and Computer
- Concept of Computer related threats (virus, worms, Trojan, phishing etc) remedies and protection
Concept of Multimedia
File Management basics:
- Physical structure of disk
Concept of E-mail / Internet / Extranet, World Wide Web (WWW)
- Familiarity with internet browsers (eg. Inernet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome etc.)
- Introduction of IP address, submet mask and default gateway
- Introduction to Network Media, topology and protocol.
- Setting up Microsoft Network
- Dial-Up Networking
- Introduction to binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal number system
- Introduction to ASCII and Unicode standards
IT Policy of Nepal
Electronic Transaction Act 2008