The set below presents questions from 561 – 580. Multiple Choice Questions are asked in most of the competitive job exams. We are presenting MCQs and answers from Fundamentals of Computers and in this series there are more than 600 solved questions. I hope the compilation will be helpful to anybody preparing for competitive exams like Computer Operator.
561. Com in Latin is
A) intensifying prefix
B) intensifying suffix
C) a term that means to reckon
D) None of above
562. The system unit of a personal computer typically contains all of the following except:
B) Disk controller
C) Serial interface
563. Which of the following is related to fifth generation computers?
A) Knowledge information processing system
B) Very large scale integration (VLSI)
C) Both of above
D) Only b
564. The process of starting a or restarting a computer system by loading instructions from a secondary storage device into the computer memory is called
565. MSI stands for
A) Medium Scale Integrated Circuits
B) Medium System Integrated Circuits
C) Medium Scale Intelligent Circuit
D) Medium System Intelligent Circuit
566. A Pixel is _________
A) A computer program that draws picture
B) A picture stored in secondary memory
C) The smallest resolvable part of a picture
D) None of these
567. A/n _____ Device is any device that provides information, which is sent to the CPU
568. What was the nick name of the computer used by the Americans in 1952 for their H-bomb project?
569. Which is the type of memory for information that does not change on your computer?
D) RW / RAM
570. LSI, VLSI & ULSI chips were used in which generation?
Please visit www.icttrends.com for more exam preparation materials.
571. Which of the following is the largest manufacturer of Hard Disk Drives?
572. Networking such as LAN, MAN started from
A) First generation
B) Second generation
C) Third generation
D) Fourth generation
573. Which characteristic of computer distinguishes it from electronic calculators?
574. Which of the following registers is used to keep track of address of the memory location where the next instruction is located?
A) Memory address register
B) Memory data register
C) Instruction register
D) Program counter
575. Which of the following is not the classification of computers based on application?
A) Electronic Computers
B) Analog Computers
C) Digital Computers
D) Hybrid Computers
576. Which of the following is not a type of Software
A) System Software
B) Application Software
C) Utility Software
D) Entertainment Software
577. Who invented the high level language C?
A) Dennis M. Ritchie
B) Niklaus Writh
C) Seymour Papert
D) Donald Kunth
This MCQ Set is originally published in www.icttrends.com.
578. What do you call the programs that are used to find out possible faults and their causes?
A) Operating system extensions
C) Diagnostic software
D) Boot diskettes
579. Which computer memory is used for storing programs and data currently being processed by the CPU?
A) Mass memory
B) Internal memory
C) Non-volatile memory
580. Which of the following code used in present day computing was developed by IBM Corporation?
B) Hollerith Code
C) Baudot Code
D) EBCDIC Code