We are presenting more than 600 multiple choice questions and answers from Fundamentals of Computers in this series. I hope the compilation will be helpful to anybody preparing for competitive exams like Computer Operator. The set below presents questions from 261 – 280.
261. What do you call the translator which takes assembly language program as input & produce machine language code as output?
262. Serial access memories are useful in applications where
A) Data consists of numbers
B) Short access time is required
C) Each stored word is processed differently
D) Data naturally needs to flow in and out in serial form
263. In ________ mode, the communication channel is used in both directions at the same time?
D) None of the above
264. Who invented Slide Rules?
A) John Napier
B) William Oughtred
C) Gottfried Leibnitz
D) Blaise Pascal
265. The proper definition of a modern digital computer is
A) An electronic automated machine that can solve problems involving words and numbers
B) A more sophistic and modified electronic pocket calculator
C) Any machine that can perform mathematical operations
D) A machine that works on binary code
266. Memory is made up of
A) Set of wires
B) Set of circuits
C) Large number of cells
D) All of these
267. Which of the following is the most powerful computers?
A) Mainframe Computer
B) Mini Computers
C) Micro Computers
D) Super Computers
This MCQ Set is originally published in www.icttrends.com
268. Which of the printers used in conjunction with computers uses dry ink powder?
A) Daisy wheel printer
B) Line printer
C) Laser printer
D) Thermal printer
269. What is the path from which data flow in a computer system is knon as
270. Which term is used to describe RAM?
A) Dynamic RAM (DRAM)
B) Static RAM (SRAM)
C) Video RAM (VRAM)
D) All of the above
271. In which year was chip used inside the computer for the first time?
272. Assembly language started to be used from
A) first generation comptuers
B) second generation comptuters
C) third generation comptuers
D) fourth generation computers
273. Which technology is more reliable?
D) For reliability it does not matter. So all of above are reliable
274. Which of the following is not an XT microprocessor?
D) None of above
275. Hard disk is coated in both side with
A) Magnetic metallic oxide
B) Optical metallic oxide
C) Carbon layer
D) All of the above
276. ASCII stands for
A) American Stable Code for International Interchange
B) American Standard Case for Institutional Interchange
C) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
D) American Standard Code for Interchange Information
277. Raw facts and figures about any particular topic are
D) none of above
Please visit http://icttrends.com for more exam preparation materials
278. A computer can solve more than one kind of problem. This is related to which of the following characteristics?
279. From which generation computers the printers were used?
280. How many symbols exist in Baudot code?