Fundamentals of Computer is one of the most important section prescribed in the syllabus of Computer Operator Examination given by Public Service Commission. The section carries 14 marks out of 50 in written exam. Moreover, the question format for written exam is objective.
Considering all of these aspects, here I present the MCQ Bank on Fundamentals of Computers.
Fundamentals of Computers section consists of the topics:
· Definition, History, Generation, Characteristics, Types & Applications.
· Overview of a computer system:
· Definition of Hardware
· Input Unit: Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner etc
· CPU: Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU), Control Unit (CU), Memory Unit (MU)
· Output Unit: Monitor, Printer etc
· Storage Devices: Primary & Auxulary Memory (Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, Compact Disk, DVD, Flash Disk etc)
· Others: Network Card, Modem, Sound Card etc.
· Definition & types of Software
· Programming Language
· Firmware and Cache Memory
Setting & Protectionof Computer Room and Computer
· Concept of Computer related threats(virus, worms, Trojan, phishing etc) remedies and protection
Concept of Multimedia
File Management basics:
· Physical structure of disk
Concept of E-mail / Internet / Extranet, World Wide Web (WWW)
· Familiarity with internet browsers (eg. Inernet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome etc.)
· Introduction of IP address, submet mask and default gateway
· Introduction to Network Media, topology and protocol.
· Setting up Microsoft Network
· Dial-Up Networking
· Introduction to binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal number system
· Introduction to ASCII and Unicode standards
IT Policy of Nepal
Electronic Transaction Act 2008
There are enough resources to study fundamentals of computer on the web but I felt an accumulated compilation would be most useful to the students. So I collected all the questions from PS Exam and ICT Trends eCourse present this ebook with 588 questions and their correct answer.
I understand the plight of finding wrong answers marked in books and MCQ Banks. I’ve tried hard to avoid any errors and mistakes. I hope it will be the most correct bank about fundamentals of computer. I will update the eBook if you point any inconsistencies.
Title: MCQs on Fundamentals of Computers
Format: PDF File
Pages: 80 printed pages
Paper Size: A4
File Size: 1.14 MB
- Contains all the questions from previous year exams and their solution
- No nonsense questions. Each one is highly probable.
- Utmost care on correctness
- Covers all the topics from syllabus except ‘IT and Nepal’
- Useful to candidates of Computer Operator Exam, Data Entry Supervisor Exam
- Complies to SLC and +2 level Computer Science
Note: This eBook is available to download FREE for the members of ICT Trends. Pleaseif you have not already. Registration is FREE and there are no hidden charges. Members of ICT Trends enjoy exclusive resources and material to prepare Computer Operator Exams.
If you are already member and logged in, click the link below to download this eBook.